Because the hours are NOT torn later!
This website exists because we feel lyrics are such an
important part of most music. If a songwriter wrote lyrics, then they were meant to be heard, to inspire,
to provoke thought, and to convey ideas. Ignoring lyrics is to ignore much of the meaning at the
core of the song.
With that in mind, we were thrilled to see that when Kid Rock's official website was redesigned in
November 2010 because it included a new section devoted to the lyrics to all his songs. Our excitement
was short lived, though, because we quickly realized that the lyrics they had posted were rife with errors.
Some of the errors were small typos, but many of them we're completely incorrect words, lines and
verses, some were total gibberish and some lyrics and entire songs were missing entirely.
Once we determined that we were not going to be able to get the lyrics corrected on the official site,
we created this website to have a place to store the correct lyrics.
These lyrics are as correct as we can make them. There are a handful of questions we have, as
noted on the "Questionable Lyrics" page, where words are blurred or difficult to recognize. We hope
to evenutually find someone who can resolve those questions for us.
If you see any of us saying "Because the hours are NOT torn later" its because it became our battle cry when fighting
to get the lyrics on Kid Rock's official website changed. The line comes from a badly botched line in "Lay It On Me", where
instead of saying "The Irish Tornado..." the official website listed that phrase as "The hours torn later..." This is
a good example of how badly incorrect the lyrics are on the official website.
If you spot any errors or have any questions while reading these lyrics,
please email me
Also, check out our "questionable lyrics" page for ongoing issues that we need help with!
Special thanks to:
- Ronn who always manages to find the most obscure sources for the samples and has been stuck listening to me babble on about this stuff more than anyone
- Dylan my master translater of urban slang & lyrics
- Missy who graciously took the time to re-type many of the songs for me
- VideoAce & Tony for not only helping with the lyrics but with the graphics as well
- Angel for her ongoing support and encouragement (and she got the Rocky Dennis reference!)
- Lisa K for amazing, detailed research and video finds
- Lynette who not only has helped find corrections but sent me a copy of the CD insert for Polyfuze
- Terri (RedwingT) for corrections with lyrics and telling me to stfu and move on even when I didn't like the answers I was getting!
- Sonia who had a copy of EMSP, and so kindly harrassed her husband to get it out of the jukebox so she could scan the notes for me!
- Kayleigh Escudero for a fresh, new listen to the 90s and all sorts of corrections!
- Dan Powers for being so awesome to share a lot of demos, alternate and rare tracks not commercially available that I would not otherwise have access too. A true old school KR fan.
- Kristene Thompson for a whole lot of support and information about those early KR days.
- and to those who asked to remain anonymous but sent me opinions, information, ideas and suggestions for this website.