- Adding page, album and button info for
- Will get to work on lyrics soon. at the moment I'll copy them from the official site until I can get the album and listen to it for myself.
- corrected a line on
Fuck Off ("Fuckin' all your bitches we can fuck and give a goddamn")
- Added a note on
- Added a note on
- the album Rebel Soul is out!
- I have made one pass at correcting all the "official" lyrics on
Rebel Soul. Of course they're not exactly right. (why is that always the case??) I'll keep working on it.
- There are lot of new info & notes about these and a few of the old songs. I'll get them together and start posting.
I'm back! getting ready for the new album in November. And thanks to Colby, I got these corrections:
- On DWAC, Somebody's Gotta Feel This, the correct line is: And spent every red cent, puttin hickeys on these Betties
Rockin' Dickies, sippin' Mickeys, slippin' honeys, out their teddys steady Lookin' for love, put my talent on hold
- for both version of The Cramper (Polyfuze & Polyfuze Revisited), the correct line is: Step off homes, 'cause I ain't down with that motherfuckin' program, ya see?
and when it comes time to go in on a case, its some fucking 8 ball goin' on
- Found the "Make it Nasty" sample used in the song With a One Two on the Grits album.
- Check out the U Don't Know Me (Cali Boy Mix), it has a unique sample from a Brand Nubian song. http://www.kidrocklyrics.net/o-demo-udontcali.htm
- I totally forgot I had this page. lol so, lots of new stuff since I last updated it here.
- added the EP section for Fire It Up with lyrics for each track.
- realized that there is a different between the CD, vinyl and tape cassette version so I've started hunting down those other tracks. (I have the tape cassette version of FIU)
- in the "OTHER" section, I've added subsections. Especially the "alternates and demo" section, and have started adding tracks there. I've come across a store of demo versions of songs (particularly the DWAC album) and many alternate tracks for the songs from the 90s, so I'm starting to add pages for those.
- I'm adding a lot more videos to my
YouTube page, which has been a great way to network and find more rare tracks.
- corrected LIVE TRUCKER's "Cowboy", "Devil", "Somebody's...", "American Badass", "Pain Train"
- added a few notes for a couple of the above
- corrected and added some notes for HISTORY's American Badass
- corrected and added some notes for HISTORY's Prodigal Son
- *grumble* feels, fills or fits? *grumble*
8/31/11 (last couple days, actually)
- Finished up the two different POLYFUZE albums.
- "Pancake Breakfast", finally remembered where I've heard that coughing bit in the middle (sampled from a Black Sabbath song)
- Updated my list of questions for POLYFUZE on the "Questionable Lyrics" page
- "Desperate-ado", "Fuck U Blind" both had some minor changes and note additions to them.
- all the changes on POLYFUZE are going to make me look at the ablum HISTORY again. making a list
of what needs to be reworked there. Started working on the three versions of "Oedipus".
- Kayleigh gave me a great find on LIVE TRUCKER's "Bawitdaba", so I re-did that one and then
corrected lyrics there and on "Son of Detroit". Whole album needs to be gone through again.
- Three Sheets to the Wind was corrected and some notes added about Slowhand
- Got Prodigal Son and Cramper fixed (on both POLYFUZE albums)
- found a way to listen to Fire It Up (wow! they still make cassette players!),so that will be coming up soon.
- started working on lyrics for the 2 Polyfuze albums.
- got Fred, Fred remix, and Killing Brain Cells done.
- also figured out the Goodfellas sample used in these 3 songs.
- received the cassette tape for the Fire It Up EP in the mail, bought it off eBay. Now the search is on for a tape player...
- working on new banner & images for homepage
- Added notes to "Racing Father Time", and link to songs. (on EP page)
- Decided to split Polyfuze into two different album pages since the "Revisted" version of the album has
some very different lyrics & tracks. Haven't updated the lyrics yet.
- Added an "EP" page for "Fire it Up" and "Racing Father Time" EPs. Still looking for a copy of "Fire it Up"
Huge thanks to Kayleigh for these corrections:
- "Super Rhyme Maker" GRITS (Just like SOUL world the girls....)
- "Pimp of the Nation" GRITS (Hos R US! Slick Daddy's in the house...)
- "The Upside" GRITS (Here at the Sisco say me the Magnum...)
- "The Upside" GRITS (Kid you turn me...)
- "The Upside" GRITS (Roz Davis did the vocals)
- "My Name is Rock" from EMSP ("...from the amps in the trunkin' / Ya can't stop this ploy, this plot...)
- "Rollin' Gangster" from DWAC ("...I'm steppin' to your crew with a click a' hicks...")
- "Mom and Dad I Use Drugs" from the BOOTLEGS (too many lines to put here, just cleaned a lot of it up)
- Updated "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" (with a shared line from an older country tune)
- Updated "Rain Check" (another Detroit 9000 sample. Please don't make me watch that movie again. "The Honky Caper"? oh gawd.)
- Added some notes to
- updated the "Balls in Your Mouth" page... who knew it was a Howard Stern sample??
- added lyrics for
"4 My Niggaz" by Wako Squad, on the bootleg tapes. This one is tough, needs lots of work!
- cleaning up the bootleg tapes. added lyrics for
"Tin Can People", but there are some words I missed and this needs to be checked & confirmed.
- Fixed the graphics & photos on the bottom of the home page.
"Freestyle Rhyme" has been updated with information about samples.
- Currently creating a list of songs KR guested on (other musicians' CDs) so
I can eventually start creating lyrics pages for those. Check out the
- And I created this page.
Added album cover images to all the individual album pages. Find them from the album links on Home page.
Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast