Insane Clown Posse (ICP) Feud
In 1992 Kid Rock recorded the track "Is That You?" with the Insane Clown Posse on their 1992 album Carnival of Carnage. A disagreement lead to an ICP and Kid Rock feud that played out in lyrics. Whatever actually happened to cause the feud, here is a list of attacks and responses in song lyrics:
- Kid Rock on Ya Keep On (from the bootleg series tapes) said, "Don't call me Joe, cause the Joes I know can't even flow."
- Shaggy 2 Dope would respond with "Fuck Off" saying "I won't mix no rap with rock n roll like somebody else I know."
- Kid Rock would respond back on Freestyle Rhyme (EMSP album) with "Is there anything wacker than a clown, nope, some people don't get it they have no talent so they hide behind the gimmick..."
- After no response from ICP in 1999 on Uncle Kracker's Heaven, Kid Rock and Kracker said "Fuck Faygos bitch, we pound cans of Strohs." (Faygo is a cheap soda manufactured in Detroit, MI. Made popular by the "Insane Clown Posse" who rap about having grown up in a suburb of Deroit.)
- Violent J responded with Posse On Vernor with "Junkie on the corner, needle about to shoot, with a rebel flag and some cowboy boots, the closer we got the more clear it became, it's Kid Rock yelling What's my name?"
- At some point here (I'm unsure of the date) Kid Rock said "I'm twisted brown, pissing on clowns, pumpin' through your kicker with the redneck sounds" on the original version of Rollin (from the White Room demos, an early version of the song that became Rovin' Gangster.